Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist to support our Global Scientific and Medical Affairs group within our Janssen Data Science Team.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Data Science team within Janssen is looking for an outstanding Scientist who is passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients and Janssen. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to use the data to build business value.
In this role you will work closely with scientists and SMEs from the Scientific and Medical Affairs organization that include the Real World Evidence (RWE) team to drive solutions that enable data-driven decision making.
Your role will be to collaborate with these business functions, understand their needs and work independently on developing predictive models including but not limited to patient and payer analytics for the RWE organization, Voice Of Customer text analytics and Chatbot implementation for our call center. Beyond the modeling work, you will be partnering with the broader IT organization, as the Data Science Project Lead, to deploy these algorithms into larger solutions.
The role requires both a broad and deep knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and the subject matter and coding expertise to optimize and customize them.
You will be apart of a dynamic and accomplished informatics team that support multiple functional areas across the Janssen.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree with two years of experience or PhD Degree
- Degree focused within Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics or a related discipline
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, deep learning, neural networks, Bayesian models.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as R, Python, SAS or Java.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining
- This position is based out of Titusville, NJ.
- Understanding of clinical data and secondary healthcare data such as Claims data, EHR/EMR data
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Digital Product Development