About this role
The Cyber Data Protection Lead (Vice President) will assist in leading the team that monitors and investigates user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of data compromise or loss. The individual will work closely with other members of the Cyber Operations team to ensure the successful delivery of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and User Behavioral Analytics (UBA) programs, and will drive these programs regionally.
This role will have the opportunity to Influence the objectives of the Cyber Data Protection Program, and will be responsible for operationalizing DLP and UBA technologies. To do this, the individual will need to maintain awareness of the latest trends and developments in insider threat detection as well as partner with representatives from key business functions to understand their team's use of data in an effort to further refine data-loss threats and vulnerabilities affecting the firm. Using this knowledge, they will develop detection content within DLP, UBA and SIEM tools.
This role will also be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting alerts and system logs to identify abnormal user activity indicative of potentially malicious activity, and investigating and responding to activity timely. When malicious activity is identified, the Cyber Data Protection Lead will collaborate with appropriate response partners (e.g. Legal, Privacy, HR, business leaders) to investigate and resolve incidents. They will analyze data loss incidents to determine their impact and identify root cause and work with appropriate groups on remediation of control gaps/failures.
Additional duties include:
• Advising regional leadership on a wide range of insider threat activities and related issues.
• Developing and compiling investigation reports and managing key indicators of program effectiveness.
• Acting as a mentor for more junior team members.
• Ensuring that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated.
• 8+ years of experience in security operations center, or similar security technical and operational role is preferred
• University Degree. MBA, CISSP, CISM, GCHI, CEH, CCNA, or GIAC are preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact directly with individuals that do not have an IT background.
• Hands-on experience investigating DLP alerts and working with technology and business units during such investigations.
• Advanced knowledge of DLP concepts and tools including experience developing risk-aligned monitoring rules.
• Advanced knowledge of UBA concepts including modeling user behavior and performing analysis on user behavior using SIEM tools or dedicated UBA technologies.
• Advanced knowledge of SIEM technologies with an ability to develop rule logic, reports, and dashboards.
• Advanced knowledge of ServiceNow
• Strong knowledge of regulatory standards that govern data protection local privacy laws.
• Experience with scripting a plus
• Ability to exercise sound technical, interpersonal and organizational judgment while evaluating and solving complex problems
• Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Action-oriented attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves.
• Integrity and the highest ethical standards.
• Courage of convictions and the ability to respectfully debate the status quo.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.