This is a remote position.
Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant and inclusive communities. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling.
Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 80 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists.
In a developing and learning capacity, the Trainee will perform the following typical assignments:
* Researches inquiries by accessing the claims processing system and other informational sources
* Responds to customer/group and provider questions through telephone contact and/or written communication (such as mail) using proper etiquette, grammar, punctuation, etc.
* Maintains related departmental records and files
* Operates office equipment which may include a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, etc.
* Makes corrections to claims and eligibility
* Enters new claims, eligibility and subscriber information into the mainframe
* Reviews subscriber's coverage to determine type and level of benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled