Located throughout the United States and Canada, DecisionOne serves leading companies and government agencies with tailored information technology support services that maximize the return on IT investments, minimize capital infrastructure costs and optimize operational effectiveness.
With more than 1,500 technology professionals and an extensive, geographically distributed network of service locations, DecisionOne's technology and business solutions combine complementary foundation services improving coverage, availability and response to satisfy the technology needs of our customers.
Customer Service Representative - Handles inbound communication from customers and internal employees needing assistance with field service and part requests.
Job Description Overview:
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Call Reception Manager. This position will receive incoming phone calls, emails and chats from Customers and internal employees needing assistance. Representatives will use an internal Knowledge Base and other tools provided to attempt to resolve the customer situation on the first contact. Representatives may need to make outbound phone calls to resolve an issue. Representatives may be responsible for processing customer payments over the phone.
- Responding to inbound phone calls and emails from customers
- Customer Service: including customer-oriented telephone and email/chat abilities that respond quickly, competently and patiently to customer requests
- Customer identification and verification of problem through probing questions and effective listening skills, while using provided processes and/or systems.
- Problem solving: gathering information, evaluating options and offering solutions
- Excellent customer service skills including telephone etiquette, listening skills, empathy, sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with end-users, peers, management, and client personnel. Accuracy in spelling, grammar, pronunciation & enunciation is a necessity. High level of reading comprehension is required.
- Demonstrated organization and work prioritization skills
- Ability to utilize available resources
- Must be both team-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Requires promptness and adherence to scheduled work times, in accordance with company attendance standards
- Shift flexibility
- Must work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent changes
Experience and Education:
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Background security check required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some higher education preferred/not required
DecisionOne offers an excellent compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience along with the opportunity to grow with an industry leader.
If you are looking for a challenging position that will afford you the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of today’s information technologies, then we have the job for you.
DecisionOne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. Please be advised that DecisionOne requires the successful completion of a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment.