The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
An Analyst II knows and applies concepts, practices, and procedures and performs work of an analytical, professional, and technical nature related to Credit and Risk Management's business functions. Performs daily tasks to support the processing relating to the discount window, collateral management, administration of reserve requirements and the payments system risk policy and prepares general ledger settlements for Credit and Risk Management. Supports in the testing and implementation of new and expanded core applications to ensure they meet current and future needs. Confers with business unit management on identified issues. May be assisted by less experienced analysts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains detailed departmental collateral records, processes collateral deposits, re-evaluations, and withdrawals. Receives and records telephone requests from authorized individuals for loan advances and prepayments from depository institutions.
- Performs general ledger settlement activities. Assists in Reserves and Payment System Risk administration. Maintains a strong control environment and complies with all applicable information security polices, guidelines, and practices. Assists in maintaining contingency plans and participates in contingency testing.
- Prepares documentation for management, as needed. Performs ad hoc projects requiring general analysis and recommendations to management via written communications under the direction of a senior analyst or manager. Provides general administrative support.
- Compiles and analyzes transaction data to identify or track payment trends. Ensures legal agreements are properly executed.
- Assists senior analysts on Reserve Bank or System projects. Provides procedural guidance and advice to less experienced analysts in the various functions of the department. Researches and responds, either orally or in writing, to inquiries regarding accounting, operational, credit, and risk management topics. Contributes toward the accomplishment and Bank initiatives. Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices. Demonstrates effective SRC Core Competency skills for grade and position. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this opening, please submit a resume and cover letter.
We offer a great benefits package that features:
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria and Coffee Shop
- Additional convenience benefits, discounts and more…