WSFS Bank is seeking a Credit Administrator. The Credit Administrator will assist the Commercial Banking Portfolio Managers (PM) and Relationship Managers (RM) with administrative activities supporting credit relationships with Middle Market clients. The incumbent is responsible for processing and closing commercial loans to satisfy due diligence requirements and ensure compliance with WSFS policies, procedures, and government regulations. The Credit Administrator will manage ongoing client reporting after closing and assign a pipeline of all loan types relative to the supported business line. The incumbent is responsible for ordering appraisals, environmental reports, flood certifications, and communicating with external legal counsel, loan operation, relationship team, and customers. Additional responsibilities include:
- Determine due diligence requirements based on background provided and research conducted for each deal. Communicate requirements to relationship team (e.g. Middle Market Manager, Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager), client, and attorney (as applicable) and plan accordingly to meet scheduled closing date. Acts as an escalation point for involved parties to resolve issues and provide training around loan documentation and due diligence.
- Validate the KYC status of the customer along with entity documents to ensure customers are in good standing/registered properly. Appropriate documentation must be collected per requirements for specific customer entity structures.
- Evaluates whether the deal will be internally or externally prepared. When appropriate, lends support to the Relationship Manager in engaging approved external legal counsel and coordinating the closing date, ensuring that date is indicated (and modified when appropriate) on closing calendar, and complete preliminary review.
- For all assigned loan closings, work with Portfolio Administrations (PAs) to ensure that all associated loan fees are reflected accurately, including following-up when needed.
- Maintain commercial customer records (electronic versions) including but not limited to maintenance of up-to-date information/knowledge regarding accounts, products/services, financial relationships, previous problems, reporting covenants, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other third-party vendors, customers, Relationship Managers, and other internal partners to address discrepancies/issues found during due diligence/loan closing/ongoing review process.
- Possess the ability to meet deadlines by working with multiple Relationship Managers on concurrent closing requests, including the potential for making ‘last minute’ modifications. Notifies supervisor when support is needed for either due diligence/documentation requests or for less complex loan closings.
- Responsible for managing the entire closing process for all deals, both complex (participations, syndications, bonds, government, SWAP) and non-complex (term loans/demand loans/lines of credit/loan limits/personal accommodation loan/internally prepared). Prepares loan closing package for funding and archiving and ensure that the loan package(s) complies with the associated credit approval(s).
- Ensure that loan documentation is submitted according to procedures and is accurately reflected on the bank-wide systems. Responsible for the clearance of delinquent documents and other exceptions with appropriate areas.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm position located in Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia or Wayne, PA
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ Commercial Banking and Customer Service experience.
- Prior knowledge of legal documentation, loan structure, and paralegal experience preferred.
- Prior Financial Services Industry experience that provided in-depth knowledge of Bank products, services, and the marketplace.
- Experience with Commercial nCino platform preferred.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Knowledge of applicable products, systems, and workflows.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
- Ability to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks in support of various assignments.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management, and peers). Strong interpersonal skills necessary for business partner relationships within and outside organization.
- Solid knowledge of unit/department policies and procedures.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.