At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Core Technology Operations (CTO) specialists provide end-to-end services to help our client organizations manage their portfolio of IT applications, scale and optimize critical business operations, drive speed to outcome and deliver business transformation. We offer a complete range of industry-leading services, providing flexible, recurring resource capacity for client initiatives, projects, tasks, and enhancements which includes quality engineering, systems support, shared services, product engineering, and infrastructure. Our services provide ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and optimization for IT/engineering applications and products around application development, process optimization and automation to help drive speed to outcome, deliver business transformation, and build resilience in an uncertain future.
As a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for supporting large complex IT systems - these applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies across all Cloud and on prem systems. You will work with global functional and technical teams on engagements that leverage a high degree of automation, the latest technologies and cut across support and development work. You will need to understand functional requirements and should be able to support specific technologies, develop technical designs, develop, customize, and test completing the lifecycle from design to ongoing support.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for applications, processes and systems as needed;
- Develop solutions following established technical design, application development standards and quality processes;
- Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements;
- Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules developed by self and other junior team members on the project;
- Write well-designed, efficient, and testable code;
- Perform independent code reviews and execute unit tests on modules development by yourself and other team members;
- Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user clients, Project Manager/Scrum Master, Business Analysts, offshore development, testing and other cross-functional teams.
Core Technology Operations practitioners work on the design, delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based services.
- Experience working with globally distributed technology teams;
- 7+ years' experience in application development including "lights on" support services, development and customization;
- A solid understanding of the ITIL framework with experience working on other frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Springboot, Hibernate, WebServices (SOAP/REST), etc.;
- Current hands-on development skills in at least one of the following: 1) Java; 2) .Net;
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering with the ability to successfully articulate technology concepts to both a business and a technology audience;
- Experience working in an Agile environment, certification is a plus;
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment and with third parties;
- 7+ years' experience with programming and software development, including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting, upgrading software systems; 3+ years' experience leading teams and managing the onshore/offshore model;
- Travel up to 50% - on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, engineering or a related discipline;
- Industry recognized technology certifications are a plus - AWS, Agile, SAFe, etc.;
- Experience with Bot, AI, and ML technologies;
- Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies not previously worked on;
- Ability to communicate clearly across project teams;
- Experience in an application support environment which should include working in Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Limited Immigration sponsorship maybe available