Interim HealthCare is looking for reliable, competent & flexible Core Aide CNA like you to help us provide exceptional care for our clients.
Our Core Aide responsibilities include, but not limited to are:
• Cover urgent open shifts, last minute calls off, etc.
• As needed training of field staff to meet, or exceed, defined quality and performance standards.
• Perform annual assessments and skills checklists of field staff.
• Perform check in visits to specific clients or field staff when needed.
• Attend the beginning of a 1st shift of a new caregiver at a client’s home for introduction and familiarity purposes.
• Perform new client on-boarding assessments “Opens” when needed.
• Maintains knowledge of current regulations for health care staffing.
• Promotes an environment of high morale and teamwork.
• Identifies and resolves problems in the field, acting within authority limits, to prevent re-occurrence of any negative issues.
• Maintains mature problem-solving approach, at all times.
• Performs office staff functions, as requested and necessary.
• Proposes changes and new methods to ensure attainment of goals.
• Attendance at all 9 am staff meetings.
• Completes Conflict Resolution (E-learnings) on-line course and any other courses assigned.
• May be required to work on-call scheduler shifts on a rotation, to cover time off, etc. or as needed.
• Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
Core Aide may also be asked to perform the following tasks as requested:
• Act as backup support to the receptionist and front desk to receive all incoming calls and forwards to appropriate staff, as needed.
• Assists with administrative and clerical tasks as requested.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
• 2 years of accumulated experience in a similar job classification; OR
o A graduate of a training and competency program as required by the Office and State or Federal law/regulation; or
o A school of nursing student in the last year of a program; or
o Certified CNA with valid license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Evidence of passing a home health aide written knowledge exam.
• Pass state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
• Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical
• Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, patient representatives (if any), patient’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
• Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or functions.
• Able to provide proof of valid driver's license
• Dependable Vehicle
• Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.