At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work
As a Conversational UX Designer you will be responsible for supporting and improving end user experience of our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system and other telephony touchpoints. You will drive solutioning and innovation, working within an Agile methodology and alongside developer, products owner and business analyst partners. This position will apply a high degree of creativity, conversational design fundamentals and possess an impeccable attention for detail.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough and rewarding challenges.
- Design clear, natural conversation flows with the caller’s goals in mind
- Collaborate with Development teams to deliver projects and ensure your vision is carried through to final product launch
- Create call journeys and detailed design documentation
- Use data/analytics to inform solutioning and decisions
- Collaborate with others with different backgrounds such as product owners, experience designers, business analysts and many other roles within health care, operations and technology
- Be an advocate for an exceptional user experience, and communicate design rationale and value
- Propose alternative creative solutions to solve problems
- Drive continuous improvement of user experience in all voice interactions
- Review and interpret business, customer and end user requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in conversation design or UX design
- Excellent writing skills to be able to produce concise and understandable copy for IVR interactions
- A working understanding of speech and language technologies
- A strong understanding of UX design and research
- Working knowledge of development process, understanding how concepts translate to a solution, and the ability to use design and mapping tools to convey intent
- Has strong presentation and communication skills
- United States Citizenship
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with storytelling skills and exceptional communication
- Job-to-be-Done Mapping experience
- Experience creating user personas
- Ethnographic Research experience
- A fearless and positive attitude
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Portfolio demonstrating conversational design expertise and writing examples
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumServe, LHI, UHG, UX/UI Designer, User Experience, User Interface, Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, Graphic Design, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, remote, telecommute, RPO,#RPO