As a member of Woods Services’ Contracts Unit, the Contracts Specialist is responsible for creating, reviewing, editing and monitoring contractual agreements. S/he will review proposals and agreements to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal law.
- Review/assess contract language and business terms against corporate objectives and requirements.
- Redline/draft proposed modifications to contract language as appropriate.
- Define contract negotiation strategies, assist in contract negotiations and manage contracts throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Facilitate the development, review, approval and execution of master agreements, outsourcing agreements, license agreements, amendments, statements of work, change orders/requests, contract schedules/addendums, etc.
- Identify savings and synergy opportunities as applicable.
- Perform contract interpretation as assigned.
- Resolve post-execution contract related issues/disputes as assigned.
- Engage/Work with the CALO and Assistant Counsel, as appropriate, in accordance with corporate policy to develop and incorporate legal protections into company contracts.
- Record and track all executed contract transactions, track and report on planned, in-process and executed contracts.
- Develop relationships with, and act as a liaison between, applicable business area stakeholders and across the organization.
- Communicate and enforce corporate contracting and vendor management policies.
- Perform and/or support other contract and vendor management projects/duties as assigned.