Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it's buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire a Mortgage Loan Underwriter in our Retail Fulfillment supporting New York who has a strong desire and passion to deliver an exceptional experience in helping customers with their home loan applications. If you thrive on working with high accuracy and attention to detail and working with a team to meet customer needs, we want to talk to you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting difficult, complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines, serving as a consultant/technical resource on difficult problems and questions; handling escalated calls: providing work direction, feedback and training to underwriting staff including mentoring lower level underwriters on credit decisioning, department procedures and policies; delivering/facilitating of technical training to ensure organizational consistency. Has exception authority. May act as a team lead and provide performance feedback to less senior underwriters. May act as backup in absence of Supervisor.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
- 3+ years of underwriting experience with mortgage, commercial credit, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of underwriting experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
Co- op experience a plus
2 years of self employed income analysis preferred
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
PA-Philadelphia: Min: $70,300 Mid: $99,000
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.