Why Southern Land?
Our full service company is comprised of planning, architecture, design, construction, marketing, and resident experience professionals—all in-house and working together every day to envision and create uniquely beautiful places.
Southern Land Company, a national real estate development and construction firm is seeking a full time Community Manager to join our dynamic team in Philadelphia, PA.
The Laurel at Rittenhouse Square is offering an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about providing world class customer service. The successful candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of property operations including leasing and lease ups, construction, maintenance, rent collection, financial reporting, and resident retention. The candidate must also be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to work independently and while successfully managing the competing demands of the property.
The Community Manager is responsible for overseeing the community operations and residents by effectively managing vendor contracts, fiduciary responsibilities, effective project management, and enforcement of leasing policies.
Named for the Pennsylvania state flower, The Laurel is located on the last undeveloped parcel on Rittenhouse Square and is poised to take luxury living to new heights. At 48 stories, The Laurel will be the tallest residential-only building in Philadelphia. The Laurel is a best-in-class Ultra luxury development consisting of apartments, retail, and income qualified housing[MMV1] .
Designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, the $300 million, ultra-luxury mixed use tower will include 65 condominiums in addition to 184 apartment residences with separate lobbies and entrances. The Laurel will also feature 43,000 square feet of high-end retail that wraps around Walnut, Sansom, and 20th Streets. The floor plan features expansive corner residences, offering unparalleled panoramic views of the city and the eponymous park.
Residents will enjoy white glove amenities including valet parking, indoor lap pool and hot tub, five-star fitness center with luxury locker room, steam room and sauna, yoga and Peloton room, Club Room and terrace overlooking Rittenhouse Square with bar and catering kitchen, conference room, and dog spa. Residents can also take advantage of the rental suite for out-of-town guests and luxury car service.
- Maintain the property to the highest industry standards with regards to cleanliness and curb appeal
- Drive unit absorption by setting leasing goals, directing marketing activities, maintaining target occupancy, and establishing lease terms
- Responsible for profit and loss of the property (apartments) and oversight of all aspects of property operations, lease-up management, and stabilized asset management
- Prepare budgets, maintain community through effective communication and direction to team.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining a team of approximately 8 to 12 people.
- Work closely with construction and development and communicate opportunities accordingly
- Responsible for preparation of detailed weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial analysis on asset performance
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures
- Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, pursue delinquent rents/evictions and provide appropriate information to collection company
- Supervise and direct maintenance staff, repairs, preventative maintenance, landscaping, and amenities
- Oversee execution and team involvement of resident activity programs
- Remain actively involved in industry associations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors, and coworkers on the phone and in person.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail, and carry multiple projects through to completion
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in luxury rentals with amenities
- 5 years’ experience in property management managerial role
- Fair housing training
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Advanced property management experience in a 5-star or Class A+ facility
- YARDI property management software
- Lease-up and mixed use experience
Southern Land Company believes that community is the heart of every successful development project. With that as our starting point, we create residential developments around the country that provide a generous, comfortable lifestyle to those that call them home. In support of our single family and multifamily projects, we also undertake key retail, office, and recreation developments to craft convenient, complete communities. We believe in big ideas and paying attention to every detail required to realize them.
- A strong brand recognized for quality, performance, and artistry
- Guiding principles of creativity and innovation
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and more!
Southern Land Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Southern Land Company offers a competitive benefits package, including 401k and paid time off. Southern Land Company is a Drug Free Workplace. For more information, please visit our website at www.southernland.com.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Job Function: Property Management
Primary Location: Philadelphia, PA
Employment Type: Full time, Salaried
Seniority Level: Manager
Industry: Real Estate