WSFS is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst. The Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst is responsible for performing the underwriting and analysis on loans assigned to the Commercial Real Estate Department, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns associated with commercial credits. The incumbent will utilize spreading software to spread financial information from financial statements or tax returns, review and analyze commercial credit and guarantor tax, and prepare credit request supporting the Commercial Real Estate Relationship managers as well assist in preparing commercial loan packages for approval and close.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting or equivalent work experience is required.
- A background in finance and accounting which provides a basis for commercial loan underwriting and analysis, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns, review and understanding of data in both personal and business bureaus is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of credit experience including a strong background of reviewing personal and commercial financial statements.
- Must have some general business and banking experience.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong OS office skills including Excel to work within the Bank reporting systems.
- Must be an independent thinker in collaboration with other professionals and have the ability to “find a way” to make a loan request while maintaining the credit quality dictated by Bank policy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Has or will enroll in job related RMA training courses.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- May be required to wear face coverings during business hours.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Requirements: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
WSFS Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Drug-Free Workplace