Ashfield Healthcare has a long-standing partnership with Genentech, a leading Biotechnology company, across Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs businesses.
The Client Account Manager, Call Center accomplishes project objectives by planning, evaluating and improving project specific activities. The Client Account Manager has responsibility for the day to day relationship with the assigned client(s), and in order to be successful, must collaborate effectively with internal resources/ departments. The Client Account Manager must ensure that agreed client objectives are met or exceeded in a manner that is fiscally responsible for both the client and Ashfield.
This is your opportunity to join Ashfield and represent a top biotechnology company.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability & life insurance, employee discounts/promotions
- Generous performance-driven Incentive Compensation package
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests and coveted awards
What will you be doing?
- Lead all aspects of program implementation, maintenance and/or expansion; probe, clarify and determine clients' needs to develop effective solutions
- Communicate with and Issue status updates to the client regularly throughout the implementation process and during the life of the program.
- Schedule and facilitate status calls with frequency appropriate to the needs of the program.
- Ensure that all client needs are met with a high degree of quality
- Create and maintain reports and analysis/insight as dictated by the needs of program and/or client.
- Provide accurate and timely invoicing and track costs against client budget.
- Review P&Ls; discuss issues with Business Unit Director.
- Author and maintain client specific SOPs and Work Instructions
- Provide ad-hoc proposals and pricing as needed.
- Schedule and spearhead creation and delivery of periodic business reviews.
- Take lead on annual contract renewal process (if applicable); with involvement by the appropriate Ashfield resources.
- Strategize and collaborate with clients and internal teams to identify efficiencies and offer creative solutions to client
- Must safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality by following the guidelines set forth in the Privacy and Security Rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
What do you need for this position?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work related experience
- Pharmacovigilance experience required
- 3-5 years project management, or related experience preferred
- Must be highly organized, with solid relationship building skills
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Proposal writing and pricing experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical terminology a plus
- Nursing, healthcare, or call center project management experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as customer service and negotiation skills
Ashfield, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients and add value to your business.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield, visit us at: http://www.ashfieldhealthcare.com/en/about-en/
Ashfield is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ashfield is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.