Are you looking for a rewarding career in Human Services dedicated to improving the lives of others? Delaware County Department of Human Services office of Children and Youth Services has immediate openings for a Clerical Supervisor 2. We are currently seeking motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team. We offer a supportive work environment, an excellent benefit package and opportunities for career advancement. If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply today.
This is a supervisory position in the clerical department for Children and Youth Services. Work includes office management, supervision of clerical unit, and coordination of the secretarial workload. Full responsibility is carried for all clerical work necessary for the office, which is comprised of approximately 100 staff.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
* Full-time employment.
* Work hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
* You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
* One year as a Clerical Supervisor 1; or
* Two years of complex clerical work experience; or
* Three years of moderately complex clerical work experience that included six months of clerical lead worker experience; or
* Any equivalent experience and/or training which provided the required knowledges, skills and abilities.
* You must meet the PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
* You must be able to perform essential job functions.
* You must pass a background investigation.
* This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
* Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports including, but not limited to, PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI Fingerprint clearance.
How to Apply:
* Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
* If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
* Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
* Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
* Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
* 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
* Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
* Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
* You must provide complete and accurate information or:
* your score may be lower than deserved.
* you may be disqualified.
* You may only apply/test once for this posting.
* Your results will be provided via email.