Mitchell, Genex and Coventry
With Mitchell, Genex and Coventry now one organization, we’ve dramatically expanded our ability to deliver innovative services and technologies to our customers. We’ve also seen career opportunities within our combined organization grow. Each part of our organization helps people recover after a challenging event in their lives.
Mitchell delivers trusted software and services to the property & casualty claims, collision repair and risk management industries with technology-enabled solutions that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. Coventry offers the nation’s largest and most diverse set of provider and ancillary networks focused on improving total overall outcomes.
Together, we bring a complete set of proven capabilities for our partners who require more than one-dimensional solutions. We combine innovative technology, insightful analytics and deep expertise to help them reach their ultimate goal\u2014restoring lives.
This is a full-time, remote position, that can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Represent claimants in Social Security cases pending at the initial and appeal levels until/unless a hearing is scheduled. Claims Developer has authority, granted by claimant, to act of the claimant’s behalf in all matters relating to the Social Security claim.
- Interprets Social Security statutes and regulations and applies to facts of each case.
- Analyzes existing medical evidence and determines additional medical records necessary to demonstrate proof of Social Security disability.
- Recommend closure or OTR to lead developer based upon evidence of record.
- Analyze SSA/DDS/OHO requests and determines appropriate response.
- Obtains status from SSA/DDS/OHO.
- Files Reconsiderations and Hearing Requests within specified timeframes.
- Assists claimants in completing DDS questionnaires.
- Completes initial applications for Social Security benefits with claimants.
- Fields claimant and client company calls and determines next steps based on information obtained, SS law and process and GENEX internal process and procedures.\u2002
- Documents all claim activity in departmental database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required, 4 year college degree strongly preferred.
- Formal schooling as noted above and/or experience as a Social Security Representative or paralegal.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced environment. Strong organizational, verbal communication and customer relations skills. Ability to adhere to schedules and follow departmental procedures within set time frames. Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work well in a team setting. Must be flexible and responsive to change
Benefits We’re committed to supporting your ultimate well-being through our total compensation package offerings that support your health, wealth and self. These offerings include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts / Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, and an array of resources that encourage a lifetime of healthier living. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. The Company does not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. #LI-NJ1 #Remote