Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Consulting Proposal Engineer.
- Design automation solutions, comprised of any combination of the following components: software, hardware, panel fabrication, programming and installation. These designs would ideally be “productized” and sold to multiple customers by the ABB Sales staff.
- Organize and lead proposal efforts as directed by Lead Proposal Engineer.
- Review and respond to Requests for Quote (RFQs), by collecting necessary customer documents, specifications and drawings.
- In collaboration with the Lead Proposal Engineer, review RFQ requirements and document any questions or need for other documents, drawings or specifications. Contact customer with a Request for Information (RFI) if necessary.
- Once all specifications and RFIs have been received develop the initial ABB proposal, with prices comments, deviations and exceptions.
- Responsible for accurate pricing by creating a full cost model that reflects the various parts of the proposed solution such as hardware, software, engineering labor and other internal costs.
- Should have demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) automation and integration, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Human Machine Interface (HMI) screen development, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) integration, Distributed control system (DCS) systems, ABB 800xA or competitor, Electrical Construction / Electrician / Electrical Panel Design 7 Fabrication, Industrial Network equipment and protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or other technical curriculum with minimum 5 years of experience is required.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Military or experience in marine, aircraft, control systems or automation engineering can be considered as equivalent.
- North American travel may be required in certain circumstances, < 15%.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.