Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Biopharmaceutical Automation Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute high throughput process development (HTPD) experiments with BSL-1 and BSL-2 biological agents and viruses. These experiments may include the screening of conditions for one or more of the following: cell culture, bioreactor, chromatography, precipitation, and conjugation/cross-linking chemistry.
- Operate and maintain laboratory automation equipment (Tecan, Hamilton, Ambr15, Ambr250, CompacT, and/or HighRes Biosolutions) to support HTPD screening experiments.
- Perform analytical testing, including cell-based assays, biochemical testing, and/or HPLC to support HTPD experiments, and participate in development of new assays as needed.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, solutions and culture media
- Maintain cell lines as necessary to support screening experiments
- Analyze, collate, track, and report data back to client staff members
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Work independently and efficiently
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately
- Communicate effectively with client staff members
The ideal candidate would possess:
- General laboratory skills, with at least one year of laboratory experience
- At least six months experience with aseptic and cell culture techniques
- Experience with cell-based (imaging, flow cytometry) and biochemical analytical techniques
- Highly computer literate. Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs. Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel.
- Experience in programming/coding (e.g. equipment software, Visual Basic, C++, MatLab, or Python programming) is considered a plus.
- Experience working with laboratory automation or advanced computer-controlled laboratory equipment, such as bioreactor controllers (e.g. Applikon, Sartorius, Ambr), chromatography workstations (e.g. Akta), or robotic liquid-handlers (e.g. Tecan or Hamilton).
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. in Biology, Cell Biology, Bio/chemical Engineering, or related science
- One year of general lab experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.