Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Part Time Biobank QC Scientist for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Spring House, PA. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You’ll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Please send your resume to Alicia Cali at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call at 216.256.7768.
- Trained to use the specimen repository system.
- Receive the shipments for commercial, pre-clinical and clinical study samples at the Biobank facility.
- Maintain detailed documentation to track receipt and distribution of specimens.
- Communicate to the group if any queries regarding sample identity and integrity.
- Act as liaison for the Biobank and other departments that utilize the banked samples.
- When required assist the group in freezer maintenance activity. This includes freezer clean up and defrost.
- To perform the sample inventory, sample pull request or barcode transfer within the regulatory system.
- Act as liaison for the Biobank and other departments that utilize the banked samples. This includes sample transfer to the labs at the Spring House site.
- If needed, assist the lab scientists for any trouble shooting for repository system concerns
- The position requires great attention to details, troubleshooting capabilities and flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- The position requires organizational skills, great attention to details, troubleshooting capabilities and flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and “Good Laboratory Practices” (GLP) is a plus.
- Perform sample QC on a regular basis as and when new shipments are received for clinical, commercial and non-clinical studies.
- Participate in preventive operations on Biobank equipment.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience using Quality System processes, and functional knowledge of Quality and Compliance is required.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word are mandatory.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.