MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for handling a high volume of work, working directly with clients and obtaining a full understanding of their billing matters. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their legal billing career and are looking to learn from the senior leadership at the firm.
Premier law firm seeks Legal Billing professional to join their team! Our client is known for their incredible firm culture and work life balance. The accounting and finance team all work extremely well together and there is plenty opportunity for career growth at this firm as they always will promote from within!
- Responsible for complete ownership of the billing cycle for designated portfolios of client matters.
- Establishes, fosters, and maintains professional and collaborative relationships with attorneys, business services personnel, and clients to ensure compliance with both attorney and client specifications; manages all billing processes from engagement to bill posting with tact and diplomacy
- Reviews outside counsel guidelines and client agreed rates to ensure preparation of bills in accordance to the same
- Prepares work in process and bills according to alternative fee arrangements with accuracy; ensures fee arrangement is in line with the client's outside counsel guidelines, monitors fee caps, tier discounts and matter budgets; escalates and proposes solutions when potential issues might occur (delayed billings, exceeding fee cap, etc.).
- Edit billing statements for several attorneys requiring great attention to detail, including review and revision of billing rates, costs, phase/task codes, electronic billing, flat fees, fixed fees, approval processes, adjustments, application of funds, closing and opening files, preparing and mailing invoices, reversing invoices for corrections or changes, outstanding invoice questions, formatting, address changes, updating client contact information, fixed fee agreements with clients, budgeting, write-offs, submission of rate changes, corrections and appealing rejections via electronic billing.
- Assist with month end processing.
- Law Firm Experience is strongly preferred
- 1 - 3 years of experience billing in a professional services environment
- Legal Accounting and Finance Systems Experience
- Excellent organizational and document management skills
- Competitive 401K Contribution, Option to be vested after 2 years
- Generous Health care contribution paid by employer
- Huge potential for growth and promotion
- Generous Vacation & PTO Days