Bench Scientist – Immunological Assay Development needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh Scientific’s client located in Collegeville, PA.
This fully onsite position is in the Structure Function Characterization (SFC) department of a major pharmaceutical company, and requires a BS or MS, expertise in immunoassay development, and strong background in ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE and/or Western Blot.
- This role will sit on a team that supports the company’s Biopharmaceutical Process Development group. The Bench Scientist will assist with the development of immunological assays.
- Responsible for designing, developing, qualifying and implementing analytical methods based on biochemical or immunological methodology.
- You will be responsible for writing the assay SOP's and development/qualification reports.
- Responsibilities will also include troubleshooting assays when they fail to meet performance specifications.
- Interpret the data and communicate experimental results through internal meetings, email, reports and to accurately record experimental results in laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensuring that it functions correctly and safely and complies with applicable maintenance procedures (safety, SOPs, and administrative).
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related scientific field.
- Expertise in molecular biology and immunoassay development
- 3-6+ years of post-graduate experience with at least 2+ years’ experience with one of the following biochemical techniques: ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, 2-D DIGE, or Western blot.
- Ability to design, develop and qualify analytical methods based on biochemical and/or immunological methodologies with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical upstream and downstream process development is preferred.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Mary Nestojko, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!