The AWS Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for: Working with a larger team to plan, review requirements, design, and develop the most optimal and secure cloud-based solutions. Engineer must have exceptional problem solving skills and have a greater understanding of the code base to identify and solve issues before an issue becomes systematic. The engineer must stay current with best practices, industry standards, and make recommendations as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design & Develop system code per specifications provided by the Team Lead or Business Analyst.
- Unit tests component code written by self or others and also writes tests for automation.
- Periodically Peer Review code and designs produced by team members.
- Mentors new and less experienced engineers.
- Collaborates with Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, and System Administrators at various stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to work independently
- High attention to detail and commitment to Quality
- 8 years or more experience in a Cloud Software Engineering role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and Internet Protocols.
- Database experience and knowledge of NoSQL such as DynamoDB.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Experience using Terraform is a plus
- Experience in Node is recommended.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Able to accept & adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Work closely with both the business and development teams globally in resolving issues.
Prior Work Experience
- Technical: 8 - 10 years
Education and Credentials
- Required: HS Diploma/GED
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
- Other Certifications:: Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. Other cloud-related certification also a plus
For more information please contact Brian Otten at 203-433-7817 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.