Entry level opportunity available with the Department of Law & Public Safety
Start your career in the public sector today!
*Degree required, including or supplemented by twenty-one (21) semester hour credits in any combination of Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance courses*
Title: Auditor Accountant Trainee
# of Vacancies: Three (3)
Location: Trenton, NJ
Salary: For salary details, please visit: www.nj.gov/oag/job-postings/22_255_AuditorAccountantTrainee_SRM.pdf
We strongly encourage applicants to submit their cover letter, final unofficial college transcripts, which indicates the date your degree was conferred and type of degree awarded, and resume by email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Applicants who do not submit proof of degree completion cannot be considered.
The Division of Administration (Administration) is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Department of Law & Public Safety. Administration oversees the Department’s operational and administrative units, including those involving
budgeting, fiscal management, grant-making, human resources, information technology, and facilities. In addition, Administration houses a general counsel’s office and an office for departmental ethics. Administration’s employees work closely with the Department’s other divisions to ensure that they have the resources and administrative support they need to carry out their mission.
These vacancies will be filled as trainee positions, where on-the-job training will be provided. The positions are located with the Division of Administration’s sub-grant monitoring unit. Extensive contact with outside agencies receiving grant funding to facilitate the monitoring of funds is essential to the position.
• Learn to assist applicants with implementing and managing their Federal grants (FEMA or other grant programs) and providing grants-related assistance and service.
• Learn to examine and assess the client’s internal reports, policies and procedures.
• Learn to perform a risk assessment audit of applicants prior to awarding funds.
• Learn to evaluate the sub-recipient's risk of non-compliance with Federal statutes, regulations and terms and conditions of the sub-award for purposes of determining the appropriate monitoring and auditing mechanisms.
• Learn to inspect the sub-recipient's use of Federal funds during the program period
• Learn how to develop monitoring objectives to ensure sub-recipients carry out program activities as stipulated in the sub-award; have adequate internal controls to protect federal funds; claim reimbursement for costs that are allowable, reasonable, allocable, and necessary under program guidelines; identify any conflicts of interest that exist; and maintain required supporting documentation/records.
• Learn to prepare reports of audit findings.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree, including or supplemented by twenty-one (21) semester hour credit in any combination of Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance courses.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey.
*Applicants who possess foreign degrees (degrees earned outside of the U.S.) are required to provide an evaluation with a course-by-course breakdown, approved by the Civil Service Commission, indicating its U.S. equivalency prior to the closing date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Insert any additional important notes:
Occasional Statewide travel, to perform audits, required to perform the essential duties of the position.
A copy of your final unofficial college transcripts or foreign degree evaluation must be submitted with your resume to be considered. Matriculating students cannot be considered.
HOW TO APPLY: If qualified, please send a cover letter indicating interest in job vacancy announcement #22-255, a copy of your final unofficial transcripts, which indicates the date your degree was conferred and the type of degree awarded, and a current resume on or before the closing date of May 20, 2022 to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] www.nj.gov/oag/job-postings/22_255_AuditorAccountantTrainee_SRM.pdf