At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As part of the Cortex organization, Xpanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Xpanse helps the world’s largest enterprises discover their attack surface and mitigate cyber risks. Our transformative technology is redefining the way that Fortune 500s view, measure, and invest in Internet safety.
As an Attack Surface Analyst on the Attack Surface Analysis Xpanse team, you will use internal engineering tools to analyze data and deliver technical assessments of organizational structure (an attack surface management assessment) for external clients. You will be a passionate and skilled ‘data diver’ who uses multiple tools and information sources to find unknown client assets across the global internet.
Remote work position located in the United States.
- Support pre and post sales by performing attack surface discovery on client internet-facing networks via an intensive asset mapping process.
- Thoroughly investigate thousands of registration and activity records, making informed ownership decisions.
- Partner with existing client engagements by answering technical questions and using internal engineering tools.
- Use internal engineering software to support pitch deck creation.
- Support the sales team with technical assessments of network vulnerabilities for target customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Economics or another technical discipline focused on problem-solving analysis
- 1-3 years of working experience
- Conceptual understanding of technical topics (e.g. mathematical concepts)
- Results-driven and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills
- High attention to detail
- [Preferred] Client-facing expertise dealing with pre-sales motions
- [Preferred] Experience with Excel/Google Sheets (macros, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- You must have the authorization to work within the United States. Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Additional Information Our Commitment We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $25/hr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.