LBC Credit Management, L.P. (“LBC”) is a leading middle market direct lending firm headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with over 60 dedicated professionals and offices in 5 US cities. LBC is a subsidiary of CIFC LLC (“CIFC”) a $38 billion global credit specialist offering investment solutions across CLO’s and corporate credit, structured and opportunistic credit strategies, employing more than 185 professionals in the US and Europe.
LBC is seeking an Associate or Senior Associate candidate to join its growing portfolio management team in its Philadelphia area office. The successful candidate would be involved with managing all aspects of private credit investments, consisting primarily of unitranche, senior debt and equity co-investments to middle market companies acquired by private equity sponsors, along with participating in the firm’s quarterly valuation processes.
LBC’s portfolio management strategy is grounded in being proactive with our portfolio companies and engaging with their management teams, private equity sponsors and key stakeholders. Each member of the portfolio management team is responsible for working directly with these partners and monitoring dynamic financial, operational and transactional information to make strategic decisions that impact our investment performance.
FUND ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively monitoring a portfolio of private debt and equity co-investments.
- Performing monthly and quarterly reviews of portfolio company performance, including analysis of financial and operating performance, KPIs, industry trends, credit agreement compliance, cash flow generation, leverage migration, liquidity position and investment management strategy.
- Analyzing, negotiating, and processing amendments (including legal documentation, creating investment memos and presenting recommendations to investment committee).
- Identifying opportunities to enhance terms, structure and credit profile for existing investments.
- Interacting with private equity sponsors, company management teams, investment bankers and third-party due diligence providers.
- Performing quarterly internal valuations of LBC’s private debt and equity co-investments, overseeing third-party valuation processes, presenting valuations to the valuation committee, providing commentary for quarterly investor letters, tracking default/recovery statistics and coordinating with audit parties.
- Researching and evaluating valuation techniques and methodologies to adhere to regulatory requirements and valuation best practices.
- Onboarding new investments and coordinating closing and funding processes.
- Continually improve processes for investment monitoring and reporting.
The ideal candidates for the role of Associate or Senior Associate should have 3-8 years of relevant work experience and would be responsible for managing a portfolio of 8-12 investments within a various industry sectors, while also supporting senior members of the portfolio management team.
The successful candidate will also play an integral role in the firm’s quarterly valuation processes.
- Must have strong credit skills, experience in direct lending, leveraged finance, private credit valuations or investment banking, with a thorough knowledge of loan documentation, structuring and portfolio management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CFA, formal credit training is a plus.
- Private credit valuation experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Black Mountain, Bloomberg, S&P CapIQ considered a plus.
- Locations available: Radnor, PA (Philadelphia suburban area).