Careers at Managed Care of North America, Inc. (MCNA), part of the UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. MCNA is a leading dental benefits administrator dedicated to promoting high quality and cost-effective oral health. We provide services to state agencies and managed care organizations for Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicare members. We also offer commercial plans for private employers, individuals and families. Join our team and help us make dental care more accessible to everyone. Our career opportunities span across different job categories and specializations, requiring a varying level of skills. Working with us means being part of a stable organization with meaningful purpose that will support your personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others while growing your career with a company that services over 8 million people. Become part of a team that has a passion for excellence and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Dental Network Advancement develops the Dental Provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Evaluates and negotiates contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls. Establishes and maintains strong business relationships with Hospital, Physician, Pharmacy, or Ancillary providers, and ensures the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties. Blue Chips encompass Network growth, retention, affordability and Provider NPS.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manages professional employees’ and/or supervisors’ direction, resolves problems, and provides guidance to the team members
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational needs and challenges
- Demonstrate understanding of contract language for network operational impact
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor landscape within the market (e.g., rates; market share; products; provider networks, market intelligence, Geo Access)
- Collaborates with relevant sources (e.g., COB data; publications; government agencies; providers; associations) to understand market intelligence information
- Provides input on products, services or process decisions are most likely to impact providers, groups of employees and/or customers (internal/external)
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Manages training and development of external providers through education programs
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Report back information from provider meetings to applicable stakeholder (e.g., manager; business partner) to determine appropriate action
- Represent department in external meetings (e.g., ancillary providers; groups; facilities) to gather relevant information, recommend solutions, execute on deliverables as assigned and explain results/decision/activities
- Weighs financial and operational information to evaluate continued provider participation and retention as well as interacts and consults with Network Pricing team to evaluate different financial arrangements and to identify and recommend applicable payment methodologies
- Balances financial and operational impact of contracts to providers, members, UHC Dental (DBP), and different customer groups when developing and/or negotiating contract rates
- Demonstrates understanding of contract policies to ensure compliance and consistent contracting across the enterprise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of health care or managed care experience
- 5+ years of provider relations and/or provider network experience
- 3+ years Dental industry knowledge
- 3+ years of experience leading and/or influencing a team
- 2+ years of experience with Medicaid and Medicare
- Demonstrated experience communicating at all levels including senior leadership
- Proficient level of understanding of contracting, credentialing, and compliance
- Intermediate level of proficiency research and resolution of provider issues
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willing and able to travel 25% based on business need
- Willing and able to work east coast hours
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic Salesforce experience
- People management experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.