The GLG Law Client Solutions Associate will work with senior members of the Client Solutions team and the Business Development team to address our law firm clients’ expert witness needs. Associates are responsible for recruiting new executives and industry professionals into GLG’s database of subject matter experts for specific expert witness and litigation consulting engagements. Associates also partner with senior members of GLG Law’s Client Solutions team to execute on client research requests, cultivate relationships with experts, develop the team’s content strategy, and help to grow the GLG Law business. Senior members of GLG Law’s client solutions team manage and oversee expert search strategies while serving as a main point of contact to partners and associates at leading law firms and legal departments throughout the United States and abroad.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but Are Not Limited To)
- Full-cycle recruiting – including but not limited to sourcing leads, performing various types of outreach, and pitching GLG’s business model
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance, and terms & conditions
- Partnering with senior members of the Client Solutions team to develop and deliver nuanced expert solutions for GLG’s law firm and in-house counsel clients
- Conducting time-sensitive research on industries, companies, and technologies involved in litigation to ensure excellence in client service
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of legal market, as well as the macro business environment, disseminating relevant content to the rest of the team as appropriate
- Collaborating with colleagues on and across teams to build and shape the business
- Contributing to key strategic initiatives established by GLG leadership
Client Servicing professionals at GLG are expected to exercise excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and business ownership, as well as to adhere to GLG’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Successful Associates develop transferable skills including sourcing and funnel management, professional communication, client and account management, time management, negotiating, problem solving, project management, and the ability to achieve commercial targets.
An Ideal Candidate Will
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail;
- Practice excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Possess a strong desire to work in a team; and
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
For this specific position, the following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Bachelors or higher degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong research skills, including the ability to quickly get up to speed on a company, issue, or technology by conducting secondary research on the internet and elsewhere
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written, and presentation abilities
- Confidence in making outbound cold calls
- Receptive to coaching and feedback
- Demonstrated commitment, judgment, emotional maturity, and intensity, ideally in a fast-paced, multi-task-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
- Entrepreneurial zeal and deep desire to build a business
- Understanding, awareness and/or interest in the legal industry
What We Offer
- Salary/Benefits: This position offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, DE&I networks, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, mentorship programs and social impact programs.
- Mobility: When certain performance and tenure requirements are met, employees can explore mobility opportunities in different roles, offices, and/or regions .
- Work Environment: Although we are currently working from home due to the global pandemic, all U.S. offices are open for fully vaccinated employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York office, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals and snacks, full-service barista bars, and in-office happy hours.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.