The Assistant General Manager/SVP is responsible for the overall leadership and management of Live Casino in continuing to be the premier gaming and entertainment property in the region. Position will successfully lead, develop and manage profit and loss of the business with strong revenues, margins and EBITDA. Ensures the success of targeted return on investment for Live Casino. Responsible for our non-gaming operations including Hotel and Food & Beverage. Acts as GM in the absence of the General Manager.
Core Service Standards
- CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
- SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
- FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the strategic vision to develop and implement the operational strategies and tactics that leads Live Casino to become and remain the premier gaming and entertainment option in the region.
- Leads and directs the executive management team in the development, production, promotion of Live Casino products and services to guests.
- Responsible for planning, controlling, communicating and implementing procedures and processes for the overall efficient operations of the business.
- Directs and leads staff in developing strategies to accomplish objectives approved by the Owners and oversees the implementation of the strategies.
- Directs and leads the preparation of short-term and long-term business plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives, with Operational assistance from all functional areas.
- Maintains a sound plan of the Live! Casino and Hotel organization by establishing policies to ensure adequate management training and development and to provide for management succession.
- Plans will include the successful development of a broad based culture with values being clean, safe, fast, friendly and fun, that minimizes turnover of staff.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Ownership.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct reports are clearly defined and understood.
- Is the focal point for leadership and ensures that Live Casino becomes an integral part of the city and surrounding areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and sustained mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- High ability to create innovative strategic plans that are guest service oriented.
- High ability to analyze and interpret marketing research and financial data.
- Must live by our Values of Competitive Spirit, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Diversity of Thought, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Honor, Passion and Teamwork.
- We are committed to serving our customers, team members, community and owners.
- Handle broad variety of tasks and deadlines that requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under constant time pressures.
- Responsible for duty of the Casino Operations on weekends and holidays.
- Prefer a four (4)-year degree in Business, Marketing or Management.
- A MBA or graduate level degree is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years of Senior Management experience, preferably in the hospitality/gaming industry.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as Assistant General Manager or General Manager with P & L responsibilities is desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the State Gaming Agency.