ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Who We ARE: When you work at the Best. Gym. Ever, you join the Best. Team. Ever. You'll walk into our clean and spacious gyms with a smile on your face and a pep in your step because you know you are about to change lives! High-five your team and get ready to move quickly! Combine your passion for fitness and love of people into your career at The Edge Fitness Clubs!
What We LOVE: People. Fitness. Teamwork. Fun. Changing Lives.
What We Offer YOU:
• We will give you a FREE Gym membership for you and a friend! Get your workout in during lunch or after shift!
• We "insure" you and your family stay healthy with our tiered Health Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision.
• We work hard to play hard... take your vacation! PTO & Paid Holidays. Vacation days improve overall wellbeing!
• We make sure you plan for your future. Enroll in our 401k.
• We want you to save money! There are discounts on personal training, apparel, shake bar & Edge Kids!
• We want you to grow! Team builders, Leadership and Development training, all opportunities to advance!
• We protect you with our company paid Life insurance ($25k), and Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• We will give you an awesome culture and fun work environment! Look forward to coming to work each day!
What You'll DO:
Team & People Management:• Maintains managerial oversight for all departments (Membership Sales, Front Desk Personnel, Personal Training, Edge Kids, Group Exercise and Maintenance) and communicates regularly with department heads regarding the performance of each department
• Recruits, interviews and ultimately makes the decision to hire new employees into the club
• Authorizes and approves all staffing changes including new hires, promotions and terminations
• Schedules all front desk employees and sales team to ensure the club is staffed properly to hit their goals while staying within the parameters of the payroll budgets
• Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement
• Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member's sales and customer service skills through practice and training
Front Desk Management:
• Brings The Edge brand to life by connecting members to their areas of interest and assisting them with getting the most out of all of the services offered by The Edge
• Proactively manages and ensures resolution of member concerns and complaints
• Assists the management staff to drive monthly and yearly financial performance of the club
• Ensures the Fitness Consultants' image is properly maintained by monitoring their interaction with members in person and over phone, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, and upholding proper grooming and uniform standards
• Personally conducts daily club walk throughs to ensure building assets are promptly and safely maintained, offices and closets are clean and organized, locker rooms are in order (sauna temps are fine, toilets are stocked), shake bar is clean, club temperature is set correctly, TV and music are on proper stations, and the overall facility is meeting Edge standards and is promoting our brand
• Meets with the management team daily to strategize on how to get the club to goal
• Participates in weekly staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate team's KPI's
What You'll NEED:• Energy & Enthusiasm
• A Passion for Fitness
• Thrives in a customer focused environment
• 2+ Years of leadership and people management of large cross-functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals and objectives in a consumer-facing service-oriented environment.
Supervisory Responsibility:This position will supervise the Fitness Consultants and is the MOD when the GM is not in the building.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: $40,000 - $60,000
We Are Edge Strong
Join our winning team. The competitive spirit of our Edge Strong team is unmatched by anyone. We have never woke up a day and thought "we want to be #2 today". NEVER! Winners keep score and we are a team who is motivated to be the best health club in the industry and provide the greatest customer experience for our members. We bleed Edge Red and We Are Edge Strong.
CommitmentWe change lives. Everything we do stems from those three words. This is our why. We are committed to do the right thing every day for the right reasons. We believe in fitness. Our philosophy is "how can I help you not what can I sell you".
Winning Attitude"If it is to be, it is up to me." Our employees project a winner's mindset that sets them up to achieve their highest potential. With the right energy and enthusiasm, we crush challenging goals. Unlimited career opportunities become attainable with heart, humility and hustle.
Game ExcellenceOur employees come here to do something, not for something to do. Run the play that your coach lays out for you and we will give you the tools to win games. Win the day.
TeamworkWe play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. Our employees work hard to reach the finish line together. We are culture champions who celebrates other's successes.
FunWe wake up in the morning excited to get to work. Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. Come to work in sweatpants and sneakers and feel awesome!