The Security Guard's primary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Department, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. The Security Guard is primarily stationed at customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection/Loss Prevention training requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed; may perform audit functions
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the Asset Protection/Loss Prevention Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
- Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved.
- Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment.
- Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.