We are looking for experienced Armed Security Officers. However, we will train responsible individuals, with high character.
•Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response as dictated by the situation and protocol. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
Ensure the client, its associates, facility personnel, patrons and guests are provided with a safe and professional working environment.
• Covering an assignment at a fixed Post, or patrol an area, facility, or location for the purpose of detecting and preventing individuals or groups from committing acts which are injurious to other individuals or to property.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
2. Responds to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response following established protocol for the site and as dictated by the situation, by the company, and through required training and licensing; maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons as required.
3. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
4. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
5. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
6. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
7. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
8. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
9. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
10. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
12. Detaining individuals for further investigation, or arrest where circumstances and conditions warrant such action.
13. Answering questions and provide as-needed escort services to members of the public.
14. Verifying the security of safes and areas where equipment of items of value are stored.
15. Reports all incidents of an emergent nature that involve potential damage or injury to any individual within the facility or on the property.
16. Patrolling interior and exterior perimeter of the facility or location, as required.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
• Must pass a criminal background
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Must be flexible with work schedule
• Valid Pennsylvania State Guard Card
• Valid Pennsylvania Firearms Permit
• Valid First Aid Certificate (must be hands on training)
• Valid CPR Certificate (must be hands on training)
• High School, G.E.D. diploma or equivalent; experience in physical security, military service, law enforcement or a related field, sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable Pennsylvania state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable Pennsylvania state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures including use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
To apply directly with our company, please visit our website at www.rmiintl.com. Go to "Join RMI," then "Online Application."
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour