Location: Wilmington, DE
Sr. Appian/BPM Software Engineer
Long-Term Contract & Full-Time/Direct Hire Opportunities Available
The Sr. Appian/BPM Software Engineer provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and highly technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application designer for major modifications effectively using analytical and technical skills and available technology and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. May complete day-to-day support activities and special projects. Often directs and monitors the activities of less experienced personnel. The position works under supervision of the Technology Team Lead. The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on a project basis for small to large scope efforts and may lead project activities. The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned projects relative to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors. The jobholder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called on to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc.
- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent functional understanding of the supported application(s).
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks on small to large scope projects.
- Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Participate with other Development, operations and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain a good understanding of the business being supported and its functions, processes, operations and strategic direction.
- May assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience\
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
- Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
- Good understanding of the Bank’s application framework
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
- Advanced understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects
- Advanced knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]