As a Software Engineer, with Appian, Pega or Business Process Modeling software experience, in the ICS Team you will be delighting your customers by developing first-class software used throughout the department. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, testing, implementing, and supporting workflow automation software and integrations across multiple disparate systems to create a digital experience. Engages with multiple business and SME partners along with others in technology to define expected outcomes. Responsible for all aspects of the full software development lifecycle to ensure valuable outcomes are achieved within tight timeframes.
- Writing quality software
- Action-oriented & Pro-active
- Participate with other Development, operations, and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Recommend new technology, policies, or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Maintain a good understanding of the business being supported and its functions, processes, operations and strategic direction.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position works under supervision of the Technology Team Lead. The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high-level systems analysis and technical phases of development.
Your Team Practices
- Having fun and enjoying working with each other
- Having large amounts of time dedicated daily for uninterrupted software development
- Being “present” during scheduled meetings
- Keeping open and honest communication
- Continuous learning and experimenting, trying things out, failing fast, proof of concepts
- Debating ideas not people
- Treating everyone as a peer
- Valuing Servant leadership
- Respectfully providing and receiving honest feedback
Education and Experience Required:
- Will be engaged in full SDLC using Appian
- Hands-on creation of tempo enabled forms using SAIL. CDTs and nested CDT, creates workflows using process modeler or demonstrated ability to learn
- Performs code/peer and functional reviews to endure best practices and industry standards are being followed
- Successful candidate must show individual initiative and drive to solutions, working collaboratively with development team, business Subject Matter Experts
- Relational DB experience – transact SQL, MYSQL, MariaDB, full system integrator (data layer, services, UX), reporting toolsets (Appian, SSRS, Tableau, etc.), ETL tools, and experience in Agile methodology
Minimum of an Associate’s degree and 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ systems analysis/application development experience
Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
Capable of working on multiple efforts of a complex nature
Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
Strong organizational and time management skills
Strong lateral thinking skills
Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Appian Certified Lead Developer, Minimum Appian level 2 certification and/or equivalent experience (e.g. Pega) with a minimum of 2 years of Appian project delivery is required.
- Should have experience using version 18.x and higher with current experience on supported version
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Experience with integrations, WebAPI is desirable, consuming Web Services (Restful, SOAP)
- Experience with various testing disciplines, unit, functional, load, performance, smoke
- Experience deploying applications across multiple environments into production
- Familiarity with tools like JIRA, confluence, Gitlab, FitNesse, JMeter, Jenkins
- Experience supporting application post-deployment and analysis triaging and resolving issues
At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative, workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today!
We support our team members with generous benefits.
Wilmington, Delaware, United States of America