Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The candidate for this position will lead and perform upstream/downstream process development for monoclonal antibody within the API-Large Molecule group in Malvern, PA. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading and participating in design of experiments
- Executing the planned experiments, optimizing purification process steps, and data analysis for early and late stage products.
- Lead design and execute the development studies to identify and determine parameter ranges for process steps.
- Take a lead role to transfer process from development to GMP clinical and commercial manufacturing.
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also write technical documents.
- Work in a team environment as well as contribute individually to meet project timeline and objectives
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP concept
- Familiarity with Excel and data analysis
- Good communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical or biochemistry in a R&D environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness in a complex, matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt effectively to rapidly changing organization issues, structures and dynamics.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience OR MS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience OR a BS in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences or Biochemistry and with at least 5-8 years of relevant experience is required.
Position is full-time 9am-3pm Monday through Friday; Must be flexible to work any time between 7am-7pm ( 8 hrs.) and possible weekends with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Malvern, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.