Position: Anti-Human Trafficking Community Engagement Specialist
Department: PSSM-New Day to Stop Trafficking
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedule: Monday-Friday 3pm-8pm/flexible some nights and weekends required
Reporting Relationship: Clinical Program Manager
Salary/Grade: 17.00 per hour; Non-Exempt Grade 74
About the Police Assisted Diversion Program
Description of Position: The Anti-Human Trafficking Community Engagement Specialist will work with the Salvation Army's New Day to Stop Trafficking Police Assisted Diversion (PAD) Program as an integral part of the pre-arrest diversion model. PAD is a unique collaboration between behavioral health providers, law enforcement, and local government that seeks to improve public health and public safety by reducing future harm and criminal behavior for individuals engaged in commercial sex. The role of the Community Engagement Specialist will be a blend of street outreach, diversion intake, carrying a small case load. The Community Engagement Specialist will provide immediate contact, screening, and assessment to individuals in outreach or diverted who choose to utilize the program. In addition, the Community Engagement Specialist will provide trauma informed case management to all clients, including goal planning, service/treatment linkage, monitoring, and follow-up.
* Conduct initial screening and intake of all individuals referred to PAD program.
* Ensure timely coordination of immediate needs are being assessed and met, as well as short term aftercare services/coordinating referrals to social services with the goal of preventing opioid overdose through connection with inpatient, outpatient, and after-care support services, and by meeting basic physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
* Conduct street outreach to individuals in street-based prostitution and trafficking, providing basic necessities and immediate referrals.
* Conduct diversions to individuals in street-based prostitution and trafficking, providing basic necessities and immediate referrals.
* Manage a direct service caseload of 5 clients at any given point.
* Develop individualized trauma informed and culturally sensitive service plans for self-sufficiency with clients to coordinate ongoing short- and long-term aftercare services.
* Provide trauma informed care and victim center approach to all operations.
* Build rapport with City Wide VICE and other PAD providers to ensure ongoing communication and victim centered policies.
* Keep up to date case notes and ensure client confidentiality in all forms of communication and conduct ongoing data collection and reporting for all cases through Salvation Army's confidential database: Service Point.
* Support other New Day programs, as needed
* Abide by The Salvation Army Social Service Standards & the NASW Code of Ethics.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
* Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Specialist certification preferred.
* Must have high school diploma or GED
* Must possess two years of relevant work experience
* Experience with trauma informed care preferably a working knowledge of Sanctuary Model for Trauma informed services.
* Must understand the issue of Domestic and Foreign Human Trafficking and prostitution.
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to travel from site to site as may be needed in the performance of duties.
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred
* As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter.
* Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check.
* Must possess an appreciation for and understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please no phone calls. All resumes and cover letters to be submitted online where the posting is located
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
Released by the Divisional Human Resources Director on 9/15/22.
The Salvation Army's Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1862