Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for servicing difficult, detailed high-volume accounts.
- Accounts that are out of the norm, must be able to support the customer's purchasing group and work with the customers vendors to ensure bookings meet the importer's requirements.
- Heavy communication with Schenker origin offices and customers.
- Attend weekly customer conference calls and be able to respond to the customers questions regarding pending shipments and their pending orders.
- Responsible for getting customer approval for accessorial charges in real time.
- Confirm all air freight rates are up to date before approving bookings with our origin offices.
- Responsible for backing up the Air Supervisor when needed.
- Responsible for assisting in the training of new employees when required.
- Will have their own customer list that the Air Specialist will be responsible for all customers on the list.
- Work with the various gateways to ensure shipments are being monitored and scheduled for transport and or recovery.
- Communicating with CFS stations to ensure shipments are released and picked up timely.
Role Specific Skills
- Knowledgeable in freight forwarding, both operationally and in customer service.
- Must be detailed.
- Be able to understand and carry out customer's specific requirements noted in the customer's SOP.
- Must be able to work under pressure due to high volume accounts.
- Be able to work independently on an account or within a team.
- Must be able to work overtime if required.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
DB Schenker USA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.