Administrative Coordinator - 3YR Term
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator - 3YR Term
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Provide administrative support to a Director and approximately ten Project Managers in the Design and Construction Department. Responsible for managing complex calendars, scheduling in person and/or virtual meetings quickly and efficiently. Assists with the production and/or publication of documents such as memos, emails, meeting agenda, minutes, reports, and presentations. Create and maintain general and confidential files, answering and screening telephone calls, greet visitors, collate and distribute mail, ensure travel authorizations, accommodations, and conference registrations for employees, handles event planning for meetings, professional development, and other department initiatives. Initiate and manage financial transactions using the Procurement Card and SAP Concur Expense system. Facilitate and process PennCard requests for project vendors in support of capital projects. Keeping the shared office areas organized and functional including inventorying, ordering and distribution of supplies. Collate and distribute mail. Provide back up support for other Administrative staff and front desk receptionist. Must have the ability to work independently, while functioning as part of a team. Work in conjunction with other Administrative Coordinators and Assistants. Provide backup support as needed for the Executive Director, and other Directors and Project Managers in Design and Construction. Assist with on boarding of new staff and providing mentoring of new administrative staff by answering questions/resolving issues on an ongoing basis, and ensure that associated proper procedures are followed.
Administrative Coordinator - 3YR Term
Provide a high level of professional administrative support to a Director and approximately ten Project Managers in the Design and Construction Department. Responsible for managing complex calendars, scheduling in person and/or virtual meetings quickly and efficiently in support of fast-pace, high volume, capital construction program. Assists with the production and/or publication of documents such as memos, emails, meeting agenda, minutes, reports, and presentations. Create and maintain general and confidential files, answering and screening telephone calls, greet visitors, collate and distribute mail, ensure travel authorizations, accommodations, and conference registrations for employees, handles event planning for meetings, professional development, and other department initiatives.
Must have the ability to work independently, while functioning as part of a team. Demonstrates superior customer service skills, employs emotional intelligence and mature problem solving skills. Ability to liaise and interact professionally and credibly with school/center clients, vendors, senior level administrators and other internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrate proficiency in working in a high paced office environment, customer service oriented organization subjected to frequent changes in direction. Possess competencies with employing MS office suite products and other technological office related software products, including but not limited to audio/video conferencing platforms such as MS Teams, Zoom, and Bluejeans. Delivers clear and concise oral and written communications. Must be highly organized in keeping oneself and others organized, ability to strategically prioritize tasks and assignments, collaboratively work in conjunction with other Administrative support across the FRES division and the University on a daily basis. Provide backup support as needed for the Executive Director, and other Directors and Project Managers in Design and Construction. Initiate and manage financial transactions using the Procurement Card and SAP Concur Expense system. Facilitate and process PennCard requests for project vendors in support of capital projects. Assist with on boarding of new staff and providing mentoring of new administrative staff by answering questions/resolving issues on an ongoing basis.
This position is one-time funding related to projects on a three-year term basis with the potential for extension as the workload requires.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 to 5 years of administrative assistant experience working in a fast-paced organization as support to management, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have demonstrated proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office applications, excellent typing, oral and writing communications and general office skills.
- Working knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Must be able to accommodate a dynamic workload in a calm and professional manner.
- Needs to be highly organized and able to establish methods for managing large volumes of tasks in an efficient and structured manner.
- Requires excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and follow thru with tasks and work, verify commitments and schedules, and be capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills required. Must be able to use smart devices, telephone and operate standard office machines.
- Must have the ability to work independently and function as part of a team.
- Must have superior communication and customer service skills, with experience and ability to interact with multiple internal and external contacts, and senior level administrators. Background check required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Facilities and Real Estate Services
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts : Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition : Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources : Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services : From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.