Job Overview: The SLED (State/Local Government and Education) Account Manager will be responsible for solution selling. Aligning C-Level customer challenges to Otava’s expansive solution set to drive net new revenue for the company. Otava has and continues to build a top performing sales team who has the desire and determination to deliver.
- Overachievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- Developing & Driving territory and account sales strategy.
- Leveraging sales leadership skills to communicate and motivate the extended account team resources to ensure full engagement and accountability.
- Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of “preferred” partners, developing a collaborative account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales force.
- Learn and understand the assigned customer's business model and primary business challenges and match the Otava solution to the needs, challenges, and technical requirements.
- Execute a Top Down/Bottom up customer engagement strategy while strengthening existing relationships within the assigned accounts to elevate Otava to a more strategic position.
- Ability to craft compelling proposals and communicate the business value and/or return on investment of proposed solutions to the customer.
- Utilize Otava values to conduct day to day business.
- Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in Salesforce.
Required Skills and Background:
- 3 years of experience solution selling focused on complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services
- Self-starter with a high energy level and create new and highly effective working models
- 1 stint focused on successfully selling to the SLED marketspace (demonstrated overachievement)
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization (Top Down/Bottom Up with C-Level comfort)
- Consistent track record of quota over-achievement
- Pride yourself on being an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to simplify complex issues into business terms.
- Able to work internally across IT and lines of business within SLED organizations
- Effectively conduct quarterly business reviews with key customer and Otava leadership teams
- Executive presence and experience presenting to and collaborating with C-suite
What will really make you stand out?
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, and Storage
- Experience selling solutions at an enterprise level company
- Self-starter with a high level of energy
- SLED Experience
What We Offer:
Competitive base salary plus bonus, 401(k) with match, health insurance, generous PTO, paid volunteer time, paid holidays, a great work environment, and other benefits.
What about Otava?
We are exceptional people delivering exceptional experience and we are excited for you to join us! As a global leader in secure, compliant, enterprise-class cloud hosting, we deliver a full range of solutions from colocation to private and hybrid cloud computing. We’re creative thinkers who love to help others, automate where possible, and change when required. Above all, we love to help our clients. We aim for superior client service in everything we do and strive to get even better.
Sound like you? Come join us!
Please note: the salary for this role could vary based on the candidate’s experience between $100,000/year and $200,000/year with commission and bonus that might be included in the compensation plan.