Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Wells Fargo Strategic Services & Advanced Technology (SSAT) group is a thought leader and driving force in the exploration and adoption of advanced and emerging technologies both within the Enterprise and the financial industry.
Within SSAT, the Advanced Technology Team focuses on identification, exploration, and delivery of enabling emerging and advanced technologies; discovering, evaluating, and inspiring new intellectual property and patent content; as well as, consultancy and collaboration via very broad engagement model across the enterprise.
We do this by performing extensive research and development, engaging with a landscape of elite academic and industry entities, and collaborating with a robust community of subject matter experts that lead to the implementation of revolutionary and innovative products and services in support of Wells Fargo's strategic goals. We keep a pulse on technical areas and connect the dots to other technologies while we envision and design the future years ahead.
Our major areas of focus are:
- Quantum Technology
- Decentralized Financial Technology
- Digital Identity
- Knowledge Graph
- Digital Asset Management
- Extended Reality
Output from these areas result in:
- Thought leadership and strategic direction
- Proof of Technology design and execution
- Intellectual property and technical papers
- Architectural designs
- Engineering patterns
- Presentations and Education
The Wells Fargo Advanced Technology Internship provides participants with a ten-week experience with the Wells Fargo Advanced Technology Team and various other Technology groups within our organization with whom we partner. The experience includes research, intellectual property development, relevant and practical work assignments (proofs of concepts, use case definition, business case development, etc.), real-world training, group projects, and exposure to key leaders. It is designed to provide Masters and/or PhD students with a blend of business, technical, and personal developmental training. The Advanced Technology Internship targets exceptional Masters and/or PhD students.
In addition to participating in the Wells Fargo Corporate Intern Program virtual learning series, our interns have the opportunity to understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a team member and gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. The program exposes interns to a variety of business groups, providing a firm understanding of the company's operations, business strategies, and corporate culture.
Internship Duration: 10 Weeks during the summer June-August 2021
Key Locations (all virtual at this time)
- Chandler, Arizona
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Dallas, Texas
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- New York City, New York
- St. Louis, Missouri
- North Brunswick, New Jersey
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco, California
With the Wells Fargo Technology Internship, you will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience and be hired into the Advanced Technology team within the Strategic Services and Advanced Technology (SSAT) group and work with a number of our partners within the Enterprise, including:
- Business Innovation & Technology Teams
- Digital Innovation Technology Teams
- Security Architecture and Engineering Teams
- Innovation Research & Development Teams
- Data Strategy and Analytics Teams
- Risk and Controls Teams
Key technologies and types of roles an Intern may be placed into:
- Quantum Computing – algorithm development, libraries and packages, gate-based and annealer programming, advanced mathematics, practical use case development, QML.
- Quantum Security/Post-Quantum Cryptograph – QKD, quantum-resistant algorithms, QRNG, fraud detection, advanced authentication models and systems, data visualizations.
- Blockchain/DLT – constructs & use cases
- Knowledge Graph Technology – graph databases, AI/ML, NLP.
*** Those considered for Wells Fargo Technology Internships must be currently pursuing a Masters degree and/or a PhD in a STEM related field such as mathematics, quantum computing/information systems, computer science, cryptography/security, data science, etc. with a graduation date between December 2021- June 2024. Candidates for these roles must be strong verbal and written communicators as they often act as a liaison between business and technology teams during projects.***
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong creative and ideation abilities with a desire to think 'out-of-the-box'
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint) skills
- Currently pursuing a Masters degree and/or a PhD in STEM related-field with a graduation date between December 2021-June 2024
- Ability to learn from, and interact with, a diverse set of team members in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- A desire to learn and grow your portfolio of various businesses and technologies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.